Thursday, January 7, 2010

MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND

My husband and I were married 40 years on Jan. 4  and we have long ago tired of the usual anniversary gifts of jewelry for me and tools for him. So the anniversary gift exchange thing needed a re-invent.

So, two weeks before our fortieth, we came up with a new approach. For my gift, he fought on the phone with the people in India for hours and hours to get them to give him a number to call a woman in Canada to beg her to fix my new computer which was full of bugs. He convinced her to replace it with an upgrade and it arrived on my doorstep four days ago. Thank-you, thank-you, dear husband. It was the best gift ever.

For him, I promised to not holler at him for six days in a row for any reason whatsoever. Unfortunately, I’ve had to start over three times. Currently, I am up to day four and am feeling confident that I will make it this time. Of course, he can help me out by not using my clean and tidy kitchen counter as a workbench and my best Cut-co knife as a screw driver. Also, in his honor, I wore my new Calvin Klein push-up bra I bought on the sale table at Macys to our anniversary party. It is the first such bra that I have owned in all our years together, and as any woman knows, push-up bras are a pain in the butt – totally a man thing! But I made an effort and it made him smile.

During these past two weeks, there has been a new and deep appreciation by me of my husband - maybe, it was the anniversary party, the reflection of what our lives have been together during these past four decades or the NO HOLLERING policy. All I know is that we are laughing more and having lots of fun. This morning, when I awoke with my arm linked through his, I felt so grateful to have him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment